Webex Engage allows client admins to set a password and account policy for their user accounts. By default, this setting is enabled for all new tenants.
Client admin can configure client level Character Settings, Incorrect Password Settings, Password Update Rules and Account Inactivity Settings in this section.
These settings allow the client admin to configure the password length and define the character groups that password must contain (doc:platform-structure-and-user-roles).
Minimum Character Length: Select the maximum password length as 6, 9, or 12 characters from the Maximum Character Length drop-down.
- Upper Case: Select the upper case checkbox to configure password using upper case letters (A to Z).
- Lower Case: Select the lower case checkbox to configure password using lower case letters (a to z).
- Numerics: Select the numerics checkbox to configure password using numbers (0 to 9).
- Special Characters: Select the special characters checkbox to configure password using %,$,@ special characters.
- Sequential Characters: Select the sequential characters checkbox to prevent users from using sequential numbers and characters in the password.
Enable Lock: Enable this setting to lock a user’s profile beyond a certain number of wrong password attempts.
Retry Count: Select a retry count 3, 5, or 10 from the drop-down list. By default, this value is preset to 10 in the retry count drop-down. Once a retry count is configured, users can reset their password only for the configured number of times within 24 hours, counting from their first request timestamp. The Webex Engage application throws an error when a user tries to reset more than the configured attempts.
Lock Period: Select the duration from the lock period drop-down list to lock a user's account for the configured duration when they attempt a wrong password.
As part of password update settings, client admin can configure the following:
- The number of last passwords that the user’s current password should not match with. Select a value from the drop-down list.
- The number of days in which a user’s password will expire. Select a value from the drop-down list. By default, the password expiry value is set to Never. If client admin selects Never option then password will never expire.
- The number of days before the user must be alerted about the password expiry. Select a duration from the drop-down list.
Webex Engage allows client admins to configure number of days beyond which any user account that has not logged in to the Webex Engage application will be disabled or dormant.
Dormant Account: A user’s account is dormant on Webex Engage in case the user does not log in to the application for permissible number of days configured by the client admin for account dormancy. Account dormancy just makes the account inactive but does not restrict the user from logging in to the application. The user’s account is activated, once the user logs in to the Webex Engage application.
Select a duration from the drop-down list after which the user's account becomes dormant automatically. You can even select Never option from the drop-down list to keep the user's account live always.
Disable Account: A user’s account is disabled on Webex Engage in case the user does not log in to the application for permissible number of days configured by the client admin for account disablement. Once a user’s account is disabled, an email is sent to the user alerting the account disablement. All team managers (of all the teams), the user is part of are cc’ed in the email. Once a user's account is disabled, the user will not be able to login to the application until the manager or admin enables the account. The client admin can choose to disable a user for 30, 60, or 90 days. The client admin can even choose to make the user available 24*7 by selecting Never option from the drop-down list.
To Apply: Select the required checkboxes under the To Apply section to choose the roles to which account dormancy and disablement settings are applicable. User accounts with only the roles configured by the client admin will be disabled or dormant based on the settings configured.
Click Save Changes to save the password and account policy settings.
Updated 9 months ago