Client admin can configure other client-level settings such as:
Client admin can define the duration (in days) beyond which the open chats will be automatically closed. The maximum duration the client admin can configure is 60 days.
Client admins can now choose to customize the duration for which a chat can be automatically moved to on-hold status from the queue.
The threshold configured in Auto Hold setting should be less than Automatically Close Chats After setting to avoid chats closure before moving to hold status.
Client admin can configure the time zone for a tenant using time zone settings. The administrator can even search a time zone by directly typing the time zone name in the Time Zone drop-down list rather that scrolling through the exhaustive time zones list. The time zones are sorted in the ascending order of their offset values. The time zones that share the same offset value are sorted alphabetically. Once a time zone is configured, all message time stamps and reports will display information as per the time zone configured here.
- In general, the default time zone value remains tenant time zone and is highlighted in grey for easier identification.
- The user time zone takes precedence over the tenant time zone.
Client admin can configure the IPs that are allowed to access the Webex Engage APIs.
By default, all teams within a tenant follow the auto log out duration set at the team level. However, client admins can override this behaviour and enable all teams to follow a single auto log out duration by turning ON Override Team Settings toggle.
- The administrative users (client admins and group admins) will always inherit the tenant level auto log out settings configured by the client admin. This is irrespective of the team level auto log out settings configured by the team managers.
- The user will not be logged out of the application even after the configured period of inactivity if they are on the Client Admin or Customer Care Console dashboards.
Client admin can define the character type (Numeric/Alphanumeric) and maximum character limit for Customer ID field within a tenant.
Client admin can use this toggle button to enable or disable emojis on the channels supported by Webex Engage application. These emojis are Unicode based and will render as per the browser’s capabilities. The admins can enable/disable default emojis. The admins can click on an emoji to disable it and the emoji will be greyed out. The admins can click on the greyed out emoji to enable it. The admins can add new emojis to the default list from the emoji list.
Hover on an emoji to view the emoji name.
Add New Emoji
Follow these steps to add new emojis to the default list:
- Go to Admin Console > Settings > Other Settings > Enable Emojis on Chat Console.
- Click Add New Emoji. The following screen appears
- Click click here to download the emoji list link.
- Copy the required Unicode.
- Paste the Unicode in the search field and click Search.
- Click Add. The success message appears on the screen.
The new emoji is added to the default list.
- Webex Engage will support emojis only on Internet Explorer (IE) 12 and above.
- By default, emojis are enabled for all the tenants and the same configured set of emojis are applicable for 'Chat Console' and 'Feed' (social listening) replies for a tenant
- The users using Windows OS version 10 and below should download and install Segoe UI Emoji and Segoe UI Symbol font styles to render emojis seamlessly. This method also holds good if emojis are not rendering properly in any of the OS versions.
Client admin can enable agents to use attachments and configure the allowable number of attachments, attachment sizes, and file formats on Facebook, LiveChat, Email, API/Generic, and WhatsApp channels while responding to customers by setting ON Enable Attachment on Customer Care Console toggle button.
Follow these steps to edit the attachment settings:
- Go to Admin Console > Settings > Other Settings > Enable Attachments on the Chat Console.
- Click Edit icon in the actions column. The following screen appears.
- Edit the required settings and click Save.
The success message appears on the screen.
- There are no restrictions (i.e. max attachment size and no of attachments limit) when attachments are sent via API channel.
- The above feature also applies to agents using Internet Explorer 8. Nevertheless, the configuration screen can only be accessed by client admins using the recent versions of Chrome and Firefox.
Client admin can enable agents to share chat transcripts across the organization by setting ON Allow agents to send email chat transcript toggle button. By default, this option is turned OFF for all the agents.
Client admins can allow agents to send chat history in their replies by enabling the Enable Chat History in Agent Replies on Email Channel toggle.
Client admins can configure a custom footer message and this message will be visible to all the team members.
Client admin can capture the sentiment (positive/negative/neutral) of the messages received from the customer by enabling Record Sentiment toggle.
Client admin can choose to restrict the agents to view custom chat announcements by enabling Suppress Custom Chat field Update, and Suppress Custom Profile Field update toggles.
Client admin can choose to mark an agent status unavailable upon logout using the mark agents as 'Unavailable' in all the teams upon logout toggle button.
Updated 9 months ago